Duties and Accountabilities:
- As part of his/her duties, the Supernet NOC analyst will ensure the round-the-clock integrity of the Supernet network.
- On a daily basis, the Supernet NOC analyst will be called upon to:
- Reduce the impact of network outages by ensuring coordination between the various technical groups involved. During off -normal hours, the analyst will be required to manage threats and releases on equipment that could impact the network.
- Reduce the number of network outages by monitoring various network. The analyst is also responsible for activating traffic re-routing and recovery plans as required.
- Reduce the length of outages or restoration time by ensuring that necessary information reaches the individuals or groups who are primarily involved.
- Escalate events to the appropriate group or individuals as required.
- Telecom/Engineering grad (tech college diploma) or 3years equivalent industry experience
- ITIL Foundations (Nice to have)
- Cisco Certified (CCNA or above)
- Juniper (JNCIA or above)
- Basic knowledge of Bell Canada network combined with the ability to make decisions quickly and to manage risk would be an asset. Consideration could be given to applicants with an in-depth technical knowledge of the Supernet network.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Enthusiastic about the idea of discovering telecom network technologies
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision; possess strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Incident Management tools