Experience with 5G, LTE, LTE-A call flow, call admission, mobility management, RF capacity, network performance, ORAN/vRAN
The mission of the Radio Access Development team is to validate and introduce RF access technology improvements to Bell/Bell Mobility in order to:
- Improve user experience
- Minimize operational impact
- Reduce OPEX/CAPEX related to RF coverage & capacity
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Radio Access Development, the Radio Access Architect will be responsible for:
- Technical development of architecture, hardware, performance and capacity features for 5G and LTE-A in order to advance Bell Mobility's network evolution and enable new services.
- Assessing, managing and influencing RAN vendor roadmaps to bring value to the customer, to meet our business objectives and to meet network evolution requirements.
- Develop First Application Test Plans (FATP) and conducting pre-production lab and field tests to understand all aspects of wireless system performance and ensure seamless integration of new hardware and features into the wireless networks.
- Working closely with cross-functional team members to support end-to-end rollout of RAN hardware and features in the production network.
- Ensure a clear understanding of network performances and development of KPI’s & counters to ensure that the Vendor offers meet our need.
- Present technical subject to various audience (Operations, Engineering, WT and Management)
- Managing relationships with key vendors and partners to ensure the needs of the organization are met
- Researching, testing and analyzing (including cost/revenue analysis) new wireless access products that provide enhanced coverage, capacity, system performance and OPEX savings
- Work in an agile environment and contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes
- B.Sc. in Electrical/Systems Design Engineering with specialization in communications with 5-10 years experience in one of the following types of organization:
- Wireless carrier (engineering or technology department)
- Wireless infrastructure vendor (RF engineering, system design, IOT or R&D department)
- OEM (Network & terminal IOT department)
- Excellent working knowledge of cellular systems radio measurements
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Able to simplify and teach complex concepts to various audiences (engineers, technicians, executives)
- Strong technical leadership and time management skills
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Ability to motivate people to participate in various development projects
- Innovative and outside box (visionary) thinking approach to problem solving
- Experience with 5G, LTE, LTE-A call flow, call admission, mobility management, RF capacity, network performance, ORAN/vRAN
- Ability to extract vital information from large number of logs (mobile or network logs) in order to properly assess benefits related to the introduction of new features
- Knowledge of Ericsson/Nokia eNodeBs and gNodeBs (design, capacity) and their limitations
- Experience with lab testing of RF equipment. Familiar with RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers
- Experience with SON, distributed and centralized SON features and tools
- Experience with small cells and inbuilding deployment, optimization and traffic offload techniques
- Working experience in early technology trials and testing activity would be an asset.
- Working experience with protocol analyzers such as Accuver XCAL/XCAP, Qualcomm QXDM and Wireshark
- Bilingual an asset (English and French)