Looking for a Digital Video Solutions Engineer to join client’s Content Ingest & Delivery team supporting the delivery of video on their mobile and web applications (Crave, CTV, CTV News, TSN, CP24, BNN, RDS and more). The candidate will play a key role in the development and evolution of our video platforms within a talented multidisciplinary team.
In this role, you will be part of a strong technical team evolving our video pipeline to enable new features, improve video/audio quality and overall set the technical direction of the platform.
- ?Translate business requirements into application’s architecture and participate in the analysis, design, development, integration and support of new of new, robust end to end video systems
- Design and implement new features from specification to final test and automation
- Provide technical direction on the integration of third-party libraries, APIs and SDKs.
- Research new trends and technologies in the VOD/OTT industry and provide recommendations that leverage these new technologies
- Perform proof-of-value assessments and present recommendations to the technical & management teams
- Validate architectural decisions by building the necessary software components, and proof of concept deployments
- Effectively manage technical risk: i.e. understand and articulate the impact of the architecture decisions.
- Act as a technical video adviser for internal stakeholders.
- Help with troubleshooting VOD/OTT related issues in lab and production environments.
- Identify opportunities for architectural improvements in the current landscape
- Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements
- Assure the quality of the and principles in every tasks work by writing and running unit tests
- Influence future technical direction
- ?Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Experience with commercial and open-source video transcoding platforms such as Elemental, Vantage and FFMpeg.
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries, APIs and SDKs.
- AWS Certified.
- Communication skills with the ability to participate in customer/partner/stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- A passion for learning new technologies and standards.
- Strong team player who values the input and opinions of others.
- A hands-on and mindful approach to complex technical challenges.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and priorities
- ?Experience with video streaming & DRM technologies (DASH/HLS, Fairplay/PlayReady/Widevine)
- Experience with Streaming video protocols such as H264, HEVC, HLS, MPEG-DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming.
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience with media cloud technologies like Amazon Elemental MediaLive & MediaPackage
- Experience with commercial content management vendors & tools
- Experience with DevOps tools and CI/CD pipelines, including enabling continuous delivery for development teams using scripted cloud provisioning and automated tooling
- Experience with Video transcoding libraries (libav, ffmpeg, x264, x265, mpeg2)
- Experience working with public CDNs (Akamai, Fastly, Limelight)