RAN, data network, IT, experience.
Contractor check-in technician will Interface with contractors through incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner. The technician will assist the maintenance contractors in the field with a variety of actions, including but not limited to:
- Verifying work orders
- Suppressing / un-suppressing alarms
- Locking/ un-locking sectors
- Reviewing alarms
- Providing information to contractors: E911 configuration, alarm status, facility access, etc.)
- Meticulously document all actions
- Fluent in English language (read, write, speaking)
- Communication / phone and email etiquette
- Technical acumen
- Computer proficiency
- Logical / critical thinking
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) and Slack
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task while on the phone
- Ability to type ? 30 WPM
- Formal technical training (AS, military certificate program): electronic, networking, computer, electrical
- RAN, data network, IT, experience up to 1 year
- New Team – there is a current scope of work in place that will expire end of February so they need resources hired and trained prior to that time.
- Shift - may be asked to work shift that include day, afternoon, nights, weekends,
- Technology Requirements (I.E Programs, systems, etc): MS Office, Slack, WebEx,
- On the phone working with external customers Contractors. Making log entries
- Preferred background/prior work experience: Technical, CCNA,Military
- Priority soft skills: People skills, phone etiquette
- Roles will support NOC, CCI (Contractor Check-in/out)
- Resources will be onsite and onsite requirements must be met.
- Require US citizenship.