Requisition Id : BCEJP00018745
Expertise in object oriented software development and application development in, Python.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell's multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE ?€” Canada's largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell's competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell's goal to be recognized by customers as Canada's leading communications company.
If innovation, vision and skills are your strength then we have the right opportunity for you. If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
The Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) team is responsible for building, maintaining and operating Bell Network Infrastructure. Specifically, the Infrastructure as a Service team is responsible for delivering different services (OpenStack, VMWare, Storage?€?) with an end-to-end connectivity.
• Analyze, design and implement the appropriate solutions to support the Infrastructure as a Service
• Design, code, test and deliver the services and functions with production quality
• Contribute to implement good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), static code analysis, test automation (TDD), etc.
• Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts.
• Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
• Perform the technology watch; contribute to the strategy and evolution of existing services, as well as future architecture evolution around communication platforms.
• BS Degree in Computer Science or Information Science
• 3-4 years of technical or operation experience in network or IT
• Expertise in object oriented software development and application development in, Python,
• Able to write code to automate processes and orchestrate deployments (Ansible) and manage code (GIT, SVN etc)
• Knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu)
• Knowledge of OpenStack
• Knowledge of VMWare
• Knowledge of Storage (iSCSI, Object, CEPH)
• Knowledge of Networking
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour
• Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
• Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
• Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
• Agile / DevOps / Lean / Six Sigma experience
• Experience in building infrastructure
• Network certification
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec
CDG ISO 14001:2004
Callas/Fort with Minority Supplier Development Council
NCTRCA Minority Buiseness Enterprise Certification
CDG OHSAS 18001:2007
Graham Bell Innovation
Huawei Gold Partner
Fastest Growing Fastest