The successful candidate will report to the Senior Project Manager and will partner with IT Business Analysts, contractors and developers and other IT teams such as Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, Production Support etc for project deployments and further development of the applications. The candidate will be accountable to work with external vendors such as CGI, Amdocs and IBM. We require a highly motivated individual, who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment, to apply creativity and innovation in the development of solutions essential to support our IT and Business divisions, and is able to lead change through cross-functional teams or business unit projects.
- Post secondary education with a business focus, or equivalent, and/or business degree.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience with a proven track record of successful project planning, execution and control
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a passion for IT and Project Management with a focus on delivering an exceptional experience to our customers
- Ability to support multiple delivery projects concurrently throughout their development lifecycle.
- Enjoy project delivery and use your strong business sense to navigate difficult and challenging situations by providing recommendations to senior leaders on resolutions
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills, being able to provide clear, complete, and concise verbal instructions and written documentation
- Have the ability to deal courteously and effectively with people, to meet deadlines, to analyze and solve problems, as well as to interact and communicate effectively with a wider variety of levels of employees and external customers
- Be organized, highly effective at problem solving and have outstanding influencing and negotiation skills
- Work independently but understand the need to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be proficient in project management processes and tools including Microsoft Office Suite of programs including, MS Project, database, and presentation software
- Have the ability to translate and communicate complex customer issues and their resolution to senior management client teams and be seen as a thought leader.
Industry certifications such as the PMP (Project Management Professional), PSM (Professional Scrum Master) are an asset.
- Experience in a similar environment.
- Previous knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Familiarity with programming languages is highly recommended