The Security Operations Center – Applications Development and support team plans, designs, builds, and operates Bell’s cyber security platforms.
As Senior Specialist, Automation and Software Development, part of the SOC team at Bell, you will have the opportunity to work on developing applications to support the SOC team operations.
- Work with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain supporting software
- Design solutions to improve the effectiveness of the SOC Team
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Participate in the Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) cycle.
- Resolve operational problems in a timely fashion, handle escalated issues and follow up on outstanding items promptly
- Contribute to project meeting and report on issue status
- Key Technical Competencies
- Deep knowledge of programming, SDLC, Design Patterns and Software Architecture
- Knowledge of the following web development stack: Python, React, Django, DRF, DB
- Expertise in microservices, containerized development, ability to create, troubleshoot code, infrastructure and orchestration of such an environment
- Good expertise of CI/CD pipelines using GitLab Runners and/or Jenkins
- Good expertise with Test Driven Development
- Good expertise with Linux and its administration
- Good experience designing in RESTful architectural style
- Knowledge in IT Security (SSDLC)
Key Personal Competencies
- Critical thinker – demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems effectively
- Avid learner – continuous learner of all things technical and process
- Team player – ability to work with a wide range of geographically distributed teammates
- Great communicator – ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Focus driven – ability to manage stress and pressure in a collaborative environment
- Transformational agent – agile and ability to mobilize resources and execute on critical initiatives needed to transform our business