Manages the market POs (Purchase Order), works with the Project Managers and Construction team, and handles market’s quarterly budgets. This position, at times, may provide more support to one function over the other functions. Main role is to provide accurate, sustainable and flexible financial functions to the team. Interacts with regional and/or national personnel to obtain financial forecasts and to provide monthly spend status to the team. Interfaces effectively within and outside engineering with RF, Facilities, Field and Network Operations, Finance, Regulatory and Legal. Must be a “doer” not a “delegator” with strength as an Individual Contributor (a MUST).
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Primary role is to manage the OPEX and CAPEX budget of market, responsible for submitting and managing Purchase Order Requests in Marketplace for T-Mobile vendors and suppliers. Obtain approvals and code PORs to appropriate budget coding.
- Responsible for submitting and managing check requests to Accounts Payable group
- Prepare financial reports for San Diego Engineering Team
- Assist with forecasting quarterly budget
- Analyzes financial data in excel using pivot tables
- Prepares and distribute project meeting minutes.
- Prepares presentations (Powerpoint)
- Strong financial background or experience (preferred)
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and strong in Excel)
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management – including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders and accounts payable
- 2-5 years’ experience in telecommunications or wireless industry and/or materials management and planning
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, effective expediting skills, self-disciplined at performing varied assignments
- Ability to create and refine processes and procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptable to fast-paced and always changing environments
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical degree, or equivalent experience is preferred