Cloud specialist – PaaS
At the heart of this transformation is the Network Cloud Infrastructure and Services team. Our vision: Be recognized by tenants as the simplest, most reliable and adaptable cloud. Nothing less! We are on a mission to enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications by providing self-serve, on-demand, reliable and secure cloud services, while supporting them on their journey.
We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
If you love…
- Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in team building activities
- Building new systems; you will shape and construct a new digital web application and experience
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best product
- DevOps; we are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Continuous improvement; our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework to deliver in shorter cycles, adjust according to our tenants needs and continuously improve.
And you want to…
- Sharpen your development skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources and without limitations
- Embody and advocate a culture of quality code development
- Paint the path to services implementation through elegant architecture
- Contribute to an on-demand and self-serve organisation
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experiences
- Put the interest of the team first
- Implement and operate a PaaS based on Kubernetes on premise
- Technology exploration with focus on the cloud-native ecosystem evolution
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog posts, sample code, and presentations adapted to technical teams
- Automate all manual tasks using Ansible/Terraform and similar tools
- Scan the industry to ensure technical sharpness and provide recommendation around technology evolution
- Find, deploy, enhance or build K8S based operator to support our customer by providing self-serve application deployment. (ex: Prometheus operator, MongoDB, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT infrastructure, system administration or software development
- Real production experience with Kubernetes
- Familiar with Python, Bash and Ansible
- Knowledge of wide range of application required by software to operate and deploy in a K8S cluster (database, code tracing, logging, monitoring etc.)
- Knowledge of GitOps and Infra as code approaches
- Good understanding of IT technologies (cloud architecture, micro services, automation, programming) and practices (DevOps, CI/CD, OO, TDD).
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
- Linux or Kubernetes certification
- Operator framework knowledge
- Very familiar with GitOps and the Infra as code approaches
- K8s templating (helm, kustomize, jinja2)
- K8S CNI and CSI knowledge
- Basic network understanding (DNS, IPV6, NAT)
- Wireless core and RAN knowledge an asset
- Basic skill in OOP programing language
- Go programming language experience
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.