Experience with data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAS or others.
The Business Analyst – Systems is also involved in reviewing key development and design deliverables, including interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans.
Contributing to the project planning and administration.
The Business Analyst – Systems assists in developing the project charter documentation, business requirements documentation, solution design reviews, process documentation, test plan and test case creation. In addition, the Business Analyst – Systems helps co-ordinate the project by arranging project meetings, resolution of roadblocks, following up on issues and sign-offs, producing status documentation and informing team members of decisions made.
Essential skills and competencies:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, and 3 yrs. + work experience in a discipline such as:
- Business Analysis - Systems
- Senior Programmer/Designer or Systems Analyst
- Process modeling
- Multi-tiered application development, infrastructure and networking concepts and practices
- Leading multi-disciplinary JAD sessions
- Dealing with multiple vendors in the creation of end to end solutions
- You are analytical and understand the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- You have the ability to leverage insights from data and metrics to make recommendations
- You have knowledge of, and preferably experience with, visualization tools
- You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset in Ontario and a requirement in Quebec
- You are a self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels (up to Executive VP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership experience defining requirements and solutions related to operational processes
- You have knowledge of the project life cycle and the Agile and / or Waterfall methodology
- Absolute ability to see the business problem and business solution in the eyes of the customer
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience with data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAS or others
- Knowledge of the Field Services domain, tools / processes
- Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies
- Experience in Telecommunications