Experience with Check Point firewalls, A10 load balancers, F5, Infoblox, or Secure64.
This role is a nighttime position. Knowledgeable in advanced remote network deployment of MOPs (Method of Operations) and the ability to troubleshoot on the fly. Job duties include MOP Deployment, isolating faults, and troubleshooting MOP issues. This function will be called upon to work within all elements of the T-Mobile network which includes the backbone network, Cisco routers, BGP, OSPF, MPLS and Security devices.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and excellent communication skills.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Deployment of both IP and Security MOPs that include Cisco, F5, A10, Checkpoint, Secure 64, and Infoblox.
- Operations Support: works with testing engineers to validate functionality after configuration changes.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and deployment functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Network Operations Technician IV
- 1+ years' experience in a technical role.
- Intermediate level Understanding of TCP/IP concepts and common router user interfaces and command structure.
- Intermediate level Knowledge of basic Cisco topology.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Good communications skills
- This position operates in a nighttime environment.
- CCNA or CCNP
- CISSP or Security certifications (Checkpoint, A10, or F5)
- Experience with Secure CRT/Putty
- Experience with Check Point firewalls, A10 load balancers, F5, Infoblox, or Secure64
- Minimum Required
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement, IP/Security certifications will be considered.
License or Certification