Advanced knowledge of desktop browsers, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
Bell Canada is looking for a self-governing professional to work within the IT Infrastructure Desktop team. The successful applicant will be helping to lead our team in developing its Chromium based browser strategy, directing and implementing browser centric group policies, developing ongoing support processes and transitioning of support. Working within our infrastructure teams, you will lead our team’s efforts, providing: architecture leadership, solution implementation and knowledge transfer. You will develop deep knowledge of our multiple product browser environment, and direct our efforts to support our current browser requirements, and prepare us to meet future demands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support corporate browser initiatives, providing strategic recommendations to IT Infrastructure leadership and leading deployment activities.
- Research, analyze and summarize, technology and industry trends related to Chromium browser products
- Scan the industry to ensure technical sharpness and provide recommendation around technology evolution
- Leverage best practice browser management tools to automate and simplify deployment and on-going support
- Formulate and Socialize a Technology Roadmap and Evolution for the Browser Architecture and Technology
- Very strong, strategic, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse team, with strong ability to work cross-functionally and influence decision-making at the IT Infrastructure Leadership level
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage and drive projects with limited supervision and to manage multiple work streams in an organized manner
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement and an appetite to take appropriate actions to drive them to through.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop browsers, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Group Policies to implement browser specific configurations for users and computers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – PowerPoint & Excel
- Delivers under pressure with excellent time management skills and prioritization.
- A team player and change enabler with a positive forward thinking mindset.
- Develop, test, deploy and transition support of the approved browser strategic plan.
- Workplace culture enthusiast who promotes fun, inclusion, and a continuous-learning environment.
- Normal Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Mon.-Fri.
- Remote work capability is required for now, but location in a Bell Office location may be required once we can safely manage a return to office collaboration (possibly as soon as Q4 2021)