As an Elastic Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and evolving the Elastic Environment, part of Bell Infrastructure. You will be working with a team of data engineers to provide an advanced security monitoring solution for Bell. For this reason, you will be asked to assess the current environment, and provide help to deliver project goals which aims at integrating new data flows and expand the current infrastructure.
Consultant will be to support the architecture team to realize this ambitious new program of work. You will need to be comfortable building both new systems and implementing and integrating with existing open-source and commercial products.
Part of your daily work will be to challenge certain concepts and ideas. The goal is to help your peers’ knowledge to evolve and to open their minds to new approaches.
- Daily support and evolution of services such as on-prem Elastic Cloud Enterprise and Kafka.
- Working with architects / team leads to integrate new data streams and expand the cluster
- Liaise with the DevOps team maintaining the underlying hardware and supporting technologies.
- Implement automation and monitoring tools with a DevSecOps mindset
- Work with the Architecture Team to test new technology and plan the evolution of the Big Data System
- Help in the development a log enrichment pipeline capable of functioning at a massive scale.
- Write code for data enrichment and normalization and deploying it to Openshift
- Configure Kafka and other components for handling data pipeline
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on the systems and procedures
- Working with architects / team leads to leverage the Elastic Security to enable analysis to prevent, detect, and respond to threats.
- University degree in Computer Science or five years’ equivalent experience in Information Technology
- The ideal candidate/s will have recently been involved in the daily support of services such as on-prem Elastic Cloud Enterprise and Kafka.
- 2 years’ work experience supporting an on-prem Elastic Cloud Enterprise service and the following components: ECE-management layer, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Fluency in, Java, Scala, Python or a similar language—familiarity with more than one is a plus
- Strong knowledge of systems and application design with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs
- Proven experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience with deployment in Public Cloud IaaS
- Experience with CI/CD
- Skilled thinker, proactive, team-player, highly resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Able to track the work by following agile methodologies
- Security certification: CISSP, CEH, GSEC, OSCP highly desirable