Database Administrator II is responsible for monitoring space usage, starting up and shutting down databases, diagnosing errors, administering distributed databases and developing automated backup procedures.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Professional certification desired 2-4 years experience.
The person will work remotely.
Looking for Mid-level NOSQL Couchbase and Cassandra Database Administrator with minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a Linux environment.
Some of the Key tasks will include administering, monitor/maintaining, Optimizing the Performance, optimizing storage, troubleshooting of Couchbase, Cassandra databases including version Upgrades.
Your priority is to ensure the platforms remain stable, reliable, and available.
- 24 x 7 support and management of NoSQL databases.
- Perform Couchbase and Cassandra environment builds, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Support day-to-day operational maintenance, troubleshoot issues to resolution, ongoing real-time monitoring and alerting and periodic upgrades for the Couchbase and Cassandra databases.
- Key participant in capacity planning and growth projections.
- Support application deployments to production including performance and functional testing.
- Define and implement backup and archival strategies per data retention requirements
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automate approaches for system/database administration tasks through developing scripts.
- Monitor and maintain database health and ensure efficient operation.
- Work with cross functional teams planning, modeling, and implementing solutions utilizing NoSQL technologies.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Ensure existing data/information assets are secure and adhering to a best in class security model.
- Couch base and Cassandra administrative experience mandatory
- Solid experience working in Linux environment with a minimum of 3 years of Linux proficiency required
- BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- In-depth understanding of NoSQL
- High Availability strategies - replica sets, sharing, failover
- Solid knowledge of NoSQL database concepts
- Communicate/work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4+ years of experience installing, configuring, and administering NoSQL databases
- On call rotations are required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Nice to have:
Coding skills with at least one of following: Python, PHP, Perl or Java
Years of Experience in following area is preferred:
NOSQL: 4 years
Couch base: 3 years
Cassandra: 3 years
Perl: 1 year
Unix : 3 years
BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience required Knowledge/Skills