Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Develops strong working relationships with team members and fosters the development of cross-functional teamwork in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of construction and development related services, activities, and support.
- Delegates and assigns project responsibilities; directs, motivates, and manages the project work and resources involved within the project.
- Ensures efficient use of resources to meet the sub-project deliverables. Assists in managing the planning, development and/or construction process for all new telecommunications facilities and modification projects to existing facilities.
- Responsible for questioning and challenging ambiguous responsibilities and tasks and manages conflicts to an early resolution or escalates any unresolved issues to the upper level Project Managers.
- Creates work breakdown structures, develops and updates project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverable, and manages deviations from plan with help from the upper level Project Managers.
- Monitors actual project progress, compares to baseline, and reports progress against schedule.
- Documents, obtains approval for, and tracks all changes in project parameters.
- Produces project reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to respective internal and external stakeholders and key project sponsor(s).
- Attends Management and Development project team meetings as required to keep the project team informed about the progress of the project.
- Participates in or conducts project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects.
- Assists upper level Project Manager to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups (Regional Development team, markets, and other regional groups and FSC).
- Interfaces effectively within and outside engineering with Radio Frequency, Facilities, Field and Network Operations, Performance, Billing, Property Management, Regulatory, and Legal. Ensures required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes.
- Closes all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
- Identifies risks in projects and applies techniques to assess and mitigate the risks using the help and support from the upper level Project Managers and project sponsors. Participates in project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation planning.
- Forecasts the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and reports impact to project team, sponsor, and other Project Managers.
- Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution
- Supports the zoning and leasing site development manager and other project managers with Lease submittals to T-Mobile Legal and Lease routing to upper management for signatures.
Need Local Candidate & US Citizen Only.
- 3-5 years’ experience in telecommunications or wireless industry
- Solid proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Word, and PowerPoint. Intermediate or Expert in Excel is needed.
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management – including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders and accounts payable
- Able to identify project impacting critical issues and challenges, able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement successful solutions
- Basic understanding of construction and wireless development process and familiarity with pre-construction milestones
- Basic to intermediate understanding of wireless telecommunication new site build leases and lease amendments
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors and/or vendors
- Understands construction drawings and redline process
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of materials used in telecommunications facilities site design
- Familiarity with environmental reports and government approvals
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of leasing, zoning, and regulatory compliance related to real estate development and wireless network operations, including knowledge of lease terms or contracts and understanding of legal proceedings
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, effective expediting skills, self-disciplined at performing varied assignments
- Ability to create and refine processes and procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptable to fast-paced and always changing environments
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills. Experience in developing and delivering presentations.