Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
Acts as a technical contributor within and occasionally outside his or her immediate team. Responsible for staying current in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing communication as directed. The Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, core networks, transport, signaling and interface protocols, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to the radio access network, network design, capacity planning, fire suppression systems, power systems AC/DC, and HVAC.
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical support: Provides technical support within and occasionally outside immediate team.
- Provides technical support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to identify day-to-day improvement opportunities
- Project management: Takes on smaller projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested
- Operations: Identifies and shares potential process improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or management for consideration. Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior Technician
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements
- 2-4 years’ experience in switch operations and maintenance, with a proven track record of success
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- 2-4 years’ wireless telecommunications or other related experience