The Network Analyst’s role is to maintain, build and implement network systems designed by Engineers. The Network Analyst will collaborate and provide solution designs and early life support plans with guidance from engineers. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing connectivity for all local and wide area network connections. This role will also troubleshoot network performance issues following Ministry standard structured problem solving techniques, analyze network traffic and provide accurate and timely feedback regarding the quality and reliability of the deployed solutions. Additionally, this role will provide capacity monitoring and planning.
The Network Analyst will consult and collaborate with other departments and vendors to ensure availability, stability and efficiency of the local and wide area networks.
The Network Analyst is responsible for executing project and operational tasks by following all applicable standard operating procedures. The work for this position will come from a central work queue and will be prioritized by the Manager, including proactive administration, work packages and preventative maintenance.
- Responds to user problems by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively.
- Troubleshoots most application problems independently.
- Possesses and applies working knowledge of at least one technology environment to address and resolve problems.
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Writes fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner and according to standards.
- Shares knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Configures and Supports Network LAN, WAN and WLAN equipment.
- Standard project management skills for managing personal tasks.
- Define and manage key metrics.
- Manages network infrastructure, including but not limited to: wireless, routers, core switch, firewall, and all edge switches.
- Manages outsourced data cabling installations per Ministry specification
- Create and support prototype and proof-of-concept environments
- Create/Modify documentation for network topology
- Create/Modify Standard Operating Procedures, Checklists, and Guideline documentation
- Create/Manage standard Change Management, Incident Management, and Root Cause Analysis tasks – and strives to meet and exceed stated metrics and measurements
- Inspects, analyzes, and maintains network-related equipment in the data center and communications closets
- Supports/Manages Quality of Service, Intrusion Detection, Firewalls, and Security deployments
- Able to conduct research and analysis into networking issues and products as required
- Consults with engineers for design, deployment, and support related tasks and issues
- Documents and completes all tickets assigned to him or her in accordance with procedures and processes
- Collaborates with engineers in design, development, implementation, and remediation of all processes in standard life cycle of network hardware and supporting operating systems
- Performs wireless site surveys and work with Engineering to determine configuration
- Implements and maintains Network Security - Firewall / IDP based on existing standard operating procedures
- Performs approved network firmware / hardware upgrades
- Executes preventative maintenance, including fault investigation, alert reviews, and operational work packages. Monitor for variance between the configuration and established and agreed to operating environment.
- Monitors and analyze network performance, capacity and availability levels to proactively anticipate future issues with detailed reports. Work with Engineering to develop solutions
- Conducts root cause analysis on complex technical issues and implement countermeasures so aforementioned issues do not occur again
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Aruba wireless controllers
- Working knowledge of switches and routers
- Working knowledge of network management/monitoring/reporting tools
Associate’s/Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Three-plus years of experience preferred.
- 2yr or 4yr technical degree or equivalent relevant experience
- One year hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
- One year of extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, frame relay, TCP/IP, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac,, 802.11x, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license Location & Travel:
- Position is located in an established IT Office in Pensacola, Florida
- Frequent site-to-site travel will be necessary.
- On call rotation is required