Identify, analyze, and resolve problems within Wireless including Virgin Mobile’s integrated systems and applications, esca
The Change and Deployment Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all required changes are managed and deployed successfully into production.
- Plans and coordinates the deployment of releases in conjunction with Service Design Management Analyst, IT Operations, Development/Testing and Knowledge Management teams
- Provides technical guidance and support throughout the release process including managing known errors, early life support issues and workarounds
- Owns the standard deployment procedures and any related continuous service improvement actions
- Receives, logs and prioritizes, in collaboration with the initiator, all change requests (RFCs)
- Chairs all internal CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings, issues the agenda and coordinates with all change stakeholders the tasks required to build, test and implement changes
- Authorizes acceptable changes after advice given by the CAB
- Issues change schedules via the Service Centre
- Coordinates the release of documentation and communications
- Develops documents and publishes Change and Release Management standards, Change and Release Management plans and procedures, ensuring that these documents are update, as and when appropriate.
- Experience working in an IT Operations and ERP environment in the telecommunications industry
- Project management experience, 1 – 3 years, using MS Project
- Technical understanding of the SDLC, including development, quality assurance, knowledge management, testing, release and deployment, early life support
- Technical understanding of IT Operations including Service Desk, Problem Management, Data Centre, and Network Management practices
- Working knowledge of ITIL Best Practices with minimum certification of foundation in Version 3
- Ability to coordinate overnight implementation schedules
- Excellent communication, writing and planning skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills
Experience and knowledge as follows:
- Experience in an IT operations environment in the telecommunications industry
- Experience with ITIL incident and problem management processes and tools