Requisition Id : BCEJP00018347
Deep understanding of network protocols,including TCP, IP, SNMP,Unix & Windows,Systems Integration
Job Duties / accountabilities:
- The candidate will function in a project-based environment, working with various information technology, network and operational subject-matter experts to successfully document, develop, test and deliver complex technical project solutions.
- This career opportunity is searching for a skilled network professional, who understands the end-to-end systems and technologies required to support Broadband, IP/MPLS, Access, Ethernet and TV technologies service provider network, and the associated services riding across it.
- Analyze business problems, design, maintain and lead the delivery of system solutions in support of the New Product/Technology projects.
- Work with the other domain Business Solution Advisors to develop an end-to-end IT service assurance solution roadmap. System solutions must be consistent with the architecture of the Operations Support Systems and must support the technology roadmap for access, transport, IP, Ethernet and TV.
- Work with the various Network technology vendors and IT solution vendors to create a common understanding of underlying end-to-end systems requirements to deliver the various network technologies and services.
- Build and support the development of business cases to obtain funding for initiatives supporting Bell Canada's business objectives.
- Establish and maintain standards, methods and best practices by applying solid understanding of the business, Bell Canada's standards as well as those guidelines set out by external regulatory bodies in telecommunications.
- Strong Service Assurance knowledge and system architecture design skills, and the ability to simultaneously work on multiple complex initiatives.
- Mastery of applied core IT and networking competences (OSI layer, Object Oriented technologies databases and SOA Architecture Webservices).
- Proven experience in large scale system design and deployments, including OSS, interfaces, hubs and connectors.
- Sound and applied knowledge of:
o Bell Canada's Trouble Management OSS architecture and detailed knowledge of the ticketing systems including TIM, NETS, ACUT and legacy ticketing systems.
o Bell Canada's global OSS architecture for Inventory Management, Surveillance, Performance Management, Service Provisioning, DSL testing, etc.
o Bell Operations processes in the service assurance environment, specifically in the Trouble Management domain.
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and iterative), coupled with strong ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written with the ability to communicate and demystify and describe technical complex material to a non expert audience.
- Proven ability to manage successful business relationships with peers in various departments, companies & at different levels of management
- Ability to manage, maintain and improve vendor relationship, despite difficult delivery environment
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills - ability to manage large teams in matrix reporting environments
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or Information System management
- Strong understanding of the Service Assurance and testing domains and functions
- Knowledge and experience with architecture, design or operation of Bell Canada's xDSL, POTS, access Fiber Networks and TV services
- General understanding of industry standards of IT, such as the ITIL, ETOM and TMF models.
- Proven track record in systems integration. Solid experience is software development and infrastructure design for large scale distributed systems and applications
- Deep knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools. Deep understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP.
- Deep knowledge of operating systems' internals and utilities (Unix & Windows)
- Object Oriented Software Analysis and Modeling, Relational Database Analysis, Modeling and Optimization
- Bilingual is a definite asset
CDG ISO 14001:2004
Callas/Fort with Minority Supplier Development Council
NCTRCA Minority Buiseness Enterprise Certification
CDG OHSAS 18001:2007
Graham Bell Innovation
Huawei Gold Partner
Fastest Growing Fastest