At least 3 years relevant experience required. - Manage all aspects of small to intermediate projects throughout the development lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change. - Work closely with stakeholders and to define project parameters, then translate customer needs into formal requirements, using knowledge of the industry and delivery methodology.- Develop detailed project schedule, resource plan, and status reports, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle - Interface with all areas affected by the project, including end user, services organizations, vendors and implementations partners. - Review project deliverables for accuracy, and apprise management of risks, issues, and recommended mitigations. - Ensure satisfactory transfer of custody and control of product upon handoff, then close all project documentation and archive appropriate records.
This Project Manager II will contribute to T-Mobile's success by effectively collaborating with cross-functional business and technology teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. Plan and Execute organizational alignment to improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers.
- Nurture internal working relationships across the enterprise, and within RNE&O, to foster the development of cross functional teamwork. Delegate project tasks, direct and motivate, and manage the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensure timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Identify problems, determine the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives. Engage impacted stakeholders, communicate urgency, and facilitate options with associated teams. Take stories, content, issues and synthesize them into content that is consumable and actionable by audience at all levels of the organization. Coordinate, facilitate, and execute events associated with projects, cultural initiatives, and skills acceleration. Provide detailed plans with associated tasks, owners, and timeline. Follow-up with surveys to provide metrics to measure success criteria.
- Host management and project team meetings as required keeping the project team informed and progressing including project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects.
- Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update project schedules/plans with actual and forecast deliverable's and manage deviations from plan. Evaluate the validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. Distribute schedules in various formats and detail to suit different users or audiences. Monitor actual project progress, compare to baseline, and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters. Produce detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective stakeholders and project sponsor. Approve or recommend all required commitments and liaise with supplier and contractor representatives.
- Identify Risks in projects and processes and use proven PM techniques to assess and mitigate. Facilitate project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation. Examine risks associated with the work, proposed contracts and major changes, and make recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Forecast the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and report impact to project team, sponsor and management.
- Facilitate and deliver critical organizational communication, ensuring success metrics are achieved. Examine project related documentation for completeness and latest versions and ensure availability and distribution to all stakeholders. Ensure required document review and approvals according to company standards and processes. Upon project completion or premature cessation, close all project documentation and archive actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects. Ensure project transition to business as usual (BAU) and operational support teams.
- 3 yrs experience working on projects in the wireless industry as a Project or Program Manager
- Expert Excel skills coupled with proficiency in MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively connect with all employee levels and levels of management.
- General knowledge of accounting practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
- Proven track record identifying project impacting issues, able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Business, Engineering or Legal
- Advanced Degree in Business, Legal or Project Management a plus
- License or certification
- PMP Certification Preferred