The Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting, will be responsible for many of the capital accounting processes with focus on monthly and adhoc reporting. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting, they will perform a variety of tasks with the objective of:
- Prepare monthly Fixed Asset and Debt continuity schedule, M form and annual Y form
- Managing and reporting on the balances attributed to Assets Under Construction (AUC)
- Build, maintain and execute SAP BI queries
- Analyse month end depreciation expense and variances
- Analyse monthly transfers and their impact on depreciation
- Analyse month end gain/loss
- Assist in external/internal audits.
- Annual CRTC reporting preparation
- Assist Tax Department(s) in pulling information relating to fixed assets for corporate tax returns, GST/PST audits etc. Prepare ‘Provincial Utility Tax’ schedules annually and any other statutory reporting requirements.
- Create, manage and report IFRS16 leases in SAP REFX
- Regularly monitor interface activities from lease source systems to SAP
- Other Ad hoc reporting
Critical qualifications / competencies would include:
- Bachelors or college degree
- SAP & BI skills a must
- Proficient PC skills, advanced Excel is a must
- Comfortable working with large data volume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to make complex issues and processes clear and understandable to key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Ability to effectively work with peers and internal customers
- Capacity to take initiative and ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution
- Able to handle multiple requests in order of priority