7+ years experience in Project / Program Management, Excellent analytical skills, Telecommunication experience preferred
The Radio team within Bell Mobility plans, designs, builds, and operates networks providing managed services for Public Safety and Commercial users. Our customers expects the Bell Mobility Radio team to deliver a superior quality of services and products. Delivery Management is a much broader scale of project management. It is the organization, administration, and supervision of the people, processes, and technologies, which when combined into a comprehensive plan, provides the business and technical functions needed to successfully achieve what a client expects to receive. The person responsible for this type of work is referred to as the Delivery Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Delivery, the successful candidate will be accountable for the Delivery of the Bell Mobility Public Safety and Commercial Radio Networks in Ontario or other provinces.
- Overseeing the successful delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from aspiration, design, development, implementation to transitioning to Operations. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets customers & technical requirements, with exceptional quality and is within the agreed budget.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all client stakeholders. Build positive and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and all internal teams.
- Understanding the high-level technical architecture and being able to facilitate debate and guide decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Monitoring project process and track progress against milestones, scope and budget. Work with the project members to proactively address issues, risks, etc. which may be impacting to schedule/milestones, budget, quality and scope. The Delivery Manager will be responsible to escalate and report on these items in a standard format to key stakeholders.
- Using best practice risk management, assess risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks.
- Following the corporate requirements, standards and best practices to deliver each project to clients' satisfactions.
- Interfacing with clients and their project & technical teams, adhering to client's tools, templates and techniques, as appropriate, for each project.
- University degree in engineering or equivalent - Telecommunication experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in Project / program Management with technical requirements and applications
- 5 plus years experience in project delivery for external customers
- Experience managing budgets and provide guidance to others for cost containment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for both internal teams and external customers
- Strong leadership, negotiation and dedication to customer focus
- PMP certification preferred
- Experienced and proficient in MS Project
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and with changing technology
- Be highly self-motivated with creative and analytical approach to problem solving