The Residential Services - Systems Delivery district is a fast paced and dynamic team within the Information Technology organization, which delivers projects to enable consumer new product introductions, enhance customer/agent experience, reduce back office load, improve system performance, and prevent revenue leakage. The team is made up of project managers, business analysts, technical primes, and business solution advisors (BSAs) accountable to plan and deliver projects in the BRS program. We liaise with clients from three LOBs, manage supplier engagements for development and testing, and interface with the end-to-end system domains to deliver IT solutions to meet the business needs. Further, we are accountable for development and systems integration of the E2E solutions.
The Senior Project Manager will assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects based on the following:
- Manage and lead teams of developers, BSA's, BA's, tech primes - including vendor and offshore resources for successful project delivery.
- Deliver according to project level, VP-level and/or C-level metrics and scorecards
- Gather project funding requirements, develop business cases and present at various councils and committees for review and approval - IT CIO, BRS IPC , Infrastructure
- Manage project financials, and ensure accurate invoicing & budget documentation - including PEATS Due Diligence
- Engage in major BRS ordering releases by working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, internal departments and vendors to secure project funding, define project deliverables, including overseeing all design, development and implementation activities
- Build and maintain project budget and schedule, determine resource requirements and associated gaps
- Identify and manage project risks, costs and benefits through planning, schedule revisions, manpower adjustments and fund allocation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional project team members and liaise with various functional domains (Technology, Operations, Development, Marketing, Service Bureau, Sales, etc.) to maximize the likelihood of project success. Actively participate in identifying solutions or initiating appropriate escalation where required.
- Provide relevant and high quality project governance and communication to sponsors, executives and project team members, including; key project milestones, issue logs, budget reports, weekly status reports and risk assessments/contingency plans.
- Respond to issues and manage the customer's expectations regarding any changes throughout the project life cycle
- Mentoring and coaching the development of resources including junior PMs, BAs and other team members.(direct/indirect reports)
- Drive innovation and simplicity - identify opportunities and drive process improvements, standardization, and enablers to gain efficiencies in project delivery and life cycles
- A minimum 5-7 years of IT Project Management. Proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects , lasting 6 to 12+ months in duration and requiring cross-functional teams of 20 or more people in a matrix environment to deliver.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology and best practices (e.g. PMI), proficiency using Project Management Tools including MS Office products (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) and MS Project and strong understanding of the Project Life Cycle.
- Formal project management training is desirable; PMI/PMP certification is not required but is considered an asset.
- Experience in Information Technology , along with a background knowledge of the telecommunications industry enabling you to appropriately guide project requirements, identify risks and direct analysis is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of Bell's network, systems, IT and Operations processes
- Excellent communication skills both oral & written to manage the project horizontally and vertically within Bell
- Proven facilitation, planning & organization skills
- Proven leadership skills to negotiate, motivate and manage large teams
- Strong coaching and leadership skills - experience with direct reports
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
Preferred Qualifications /Competencies:
Experience in IT development project management would be an asset.
Knowledge of other system areas outside of ordering such as billing, provisioning and field services
Knowledge of Bell's residential services products
Knowledge of Bell's Financial Systems/Processes:
- BBSP (Bell Business Solution Process)
- IT CIO and BRS IPC Councils & Gates
- PEATS Due Diligence (Project Charters, Contracts, Budgets/YEE/Forecasts etc)
- Infrastructure Council
- RFP/Vendor Selection Processes including Conceptual Solutions & Proof of Concepts/Prototyping
- Vendor Management/Partnership
- AI/Maintenance/Support Process for the purchase of S/W & H/W
- SAP - Network Creation/Budgets
- APSS & Emptoris Billing & Invoices
- PORT - Expense Request Tool / CGI Mandate Library
Knowledge and experience in the following Bell IT Systems will be an asset:
- OrderMAX, OMF, WPC
- Tapestry, TLC, SIMPLe, MDM
- Qualification (PQAS, PSQT, QS, NDW, etc.)
- SP&A (SODB, IPAIRS, ACCESS, NSC H, etc.)
- Max+/ RT
- Walled Garden
- Legacy Ordering (Genval, ASOS, BCRIS, etc)
- TV Systems
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- Fast paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines
- Full time teleworking not an option