• Previous Business Analyst experience, Object Oriented Software Analysis and Modeling, Relational Database Analysis, Model
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- The candidate will function in an AGILE project-based environment, working with various information technologies, network and operational subject-matter experts to successfully build requirements, document, test and assist in delivering complex technical project solutions.
- This career opportunity is searching for a skilled network professional, who understands the end-to-end systems and technologies required to support Broadband, IP/MPLS, Access, Ethernet and TV technologies service provider network, and the associated services riding across it.
- Analyze business problems, design, maintain and assist in the delivery of system solutions in support of the New Product/Technology projects.
- Maintain standards, methods and best practices by applying solid understanding of the business, Bell Canada's standards as well as those guidelines set out by external regulatory bodies in telecommunications.
- Strong Service Assurance knowledge and the ability to simultaneously work on multiple complex initiatives.
- Mastery of applied core IT and networking competences (OSI layer, Object Oriented technologies databases and SOA Architecture Webservices).
- Proven experience in large scale system design and deployments, including OSS, interfaces, hubs and connectors.
Sound and applied knowledge of:
- Bell's HH1 (2-3)K modems over DSL and Fiber.
- Bell Canada's global OSS architecture for Inventory Management, Surveillance, Performance Management, Service Provisioning, DSL testing, etc.
- Bell Operations processes in the service assurance environment, specifically in the Trouble Management domain.
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and iterative), coupled with strong ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written with the ability to communicate and demystify and describe technical complex material to a non expert audience.
- Proven ability to manage successful business relationships with peers in various departments, companies & at different levels of management
- Ability to manage, maintain and improve vendor relationship, despite difficult delivery environment
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills - ability to manage large teams in matrix reporting environments
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or Information System management
- UML Documentayion
- Linux/Unix shell functions (managing processes, editing text files, OS navigation, etc)
- SOAP UI and SQL knowledge
- General understanding of programming and markup languages
- Enterprise application frameworks (Java EE, ESB, .NET, etc)
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Any procedural language (C, Perl, Shell, AWK, etc)
- Any markup language (HTML + CSS, XML, SGML, etc)
- Strong understanding of the Service Assurance, testing domains and functions
- Knowledge of Bell Canada's xDSL, POTS, access Fiber Networks and TV services
- General understanding of industry standards of IT, such as the ITIL, ETOM and TMF models.
- Proven track record in systems integration. Solid experience is software development and infrastructure design for large scale distributed systems and applications
- Deep knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools. Deep understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP.
- Deep knowledge of operating systems' internals and utilities (Unix & Windows)
- Object Oriented Software Analysis and Modeling, Relational Database Analysis, Modeling and Optimization
- Bilingual is a definite asset
- Previous Business analyst experience
- Application Testing and Defect Tracking tools
- Customer service and network diagnostics tools (DSL test preferred)
- Test Case Automation
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and deliverables.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and ability to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities.
- Ability to travel - sometimes at short notice - within the Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, London corridor - depending on project needs.
- Fast paced, changing working environment