Proficiency in Bash and Python scripting, Gitlab, Extensive experience with Linux administration and tuning (Ubuntu, CentOS,
The Network Cloud OpenStack team is responsible for building, maintaining and operating Bell's Cloud Infrastructure. We enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications.
At the forefront of our transformation, our team is responsible for the development and operations the OpenStack cloud platform supporting Bell's SDN and NFV network strategy. As a Software developer, you will design, build and maintain scalable and resilient software environments, lead the evolution of our continuous integration/continuous deployment infrastructure, as well as ensuring daily platform availability and operations that will support our vision towards an automated, self-optimized and self-healed network cloud.
- Design, code, test and deliver the services and functions with production quality
- Support development of our Tenant-Driven Update service, the core platform designed to allow our NFV (Network Function Virtualization) tenants to upgrade their underlying cloud infrastructure on their own
- Contribute to implement good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), static code analysis, test automation (TDD), etc.
- Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts
- Actively participate in code reviews and merge requests
- Bachelor's degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of technical or operation experience in network or IT
- Proficiency in Bash and Python scripting
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and tuning (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL)
- Experience in OpenStack
- Proficiency in building and running apps within Docker
- Strong experience delivering and operating large, distributed, and resilient (micro-services) software systems in cloud environments such as Kubernetes
- Strong experience in automation tools such as Helm, Ansible etc.
- Experience in GitLab CI/CD implementations to develop the fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Django experience
- Experience with micro-services software architecture (and RESTful APIs) and container environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.