Order Processing, Stock, and Inventory Management/ Project Management Skills/Communication Skills
Within this role, you will be reporting to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications. You will be responsible for the integrity of orders and order flow across all areas of the business, as well as ownership of program executions to our retail stores. This includes inventory visibility, retail order fulfillment, and order fulfillment execution. This role leads our warehouse partner on behalf of Virgin Mobile and is responsible for the execution of cross-functional projects throughout the Supply Chain.
Candidates should effectively exhibit Virgin Mobile's core values in everything they do by performing the following key duties:
What is the role about?
• Leads warehouse order management team to drive the consistent daily execution of order fulfillment required to deliver a premium experience to our customers in a cost-effective manner.
• Own drop-ship programs including planning, vendor onboarding and execution.
• Determines the methods and capabilities required to deliver the order fulfillment objectives defined by our execution goals, inventory targets, and inventory health.
• Owns the achievement of fulfillment goals through the management of inventory visibility rules, order allocation logic, and physical fulfillment execution in our stores and distribution center.
• Actively intervening when necessary on key systems to ensure orders are flowing correctly in regards to order allocation, fulfillment execution, system balancing, and performance management.
• Monitors and maintains fulfillment through the supply chain and takes appropriate corrective actions and adjustments to ensure targets are achieved on a daily basis.
• Manages, communicates and recommends changes pertaining to the fulfillment process.
• Key partner in peak season planning and execution
• Partners with other departments, such as Store Ops, Merchandising and the distribution center to provide support as needed on special projects
• Provides actionable reporting for various groups within the Virgin Mobile organization for achievement of Supply Chain objectives.
• Works closely with Senior Marketing Communications Manager on the management of launch date products and supporting the peak seasons.
• Partners with cross-functional and internal teams for clean execution of key product launches
• Report back on success or underperformance of marketing programs to help guide future investments/focuses
• Support Corporate Marketing team projects as needed and requested (research, benchmarking, presentations).
• Working with cross-functional teams to identify inventory quantities to allow for forecasting and placing orders to help manage stock.
• Define and analyze problems with program implementation, and recommend and implement and communicate direction and tactical changes to the retail channel to ensure effective brand implementation
• Act as primary contact with warehouse for orders, allocations, inventory counts, recycling and disposal programs in and for stores, which includes liaising between store operations, vendors, and service groups
• Support channel communications in regards to retail marketing, merchandising and execution programs.
• Travel to stores, planogram facility and vendor facilities for meetings and test sets to see how the proposed set looks when completed.
• Work on special projects that examine changes in all stores or types of sets, and evaluate the nature and reaction of the changes.
What will you bring to the team?
• Experience order processing, stock and inventory management
• Basic computer skills, but with strengths including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with Retail Merchandising and Planogram.
• Experience with inventory software experience in SAP and Winshuttle is a plus.
• Experience with Visual Merchandising and Implementation Software, such as RMS (Retail Management Software) is a plus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Are self-starters and can work well independently as well as manage time efficiently
• Background is Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
• Prior experience reading technical documents such as diagrams or fixture schematics
• Post-secondary education and/or equivalent industry training and experience
• Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle, along with a track record of delivering exceptional outcomes
• Looking for candidates that can supply managing a warehouse and the execution programs we use with our warehouse. Proficiencies in inventory management, supply chain, SKU creation, product execution, etc. would be a major plus.
• Background in telecommunication whether it is Koodo, Telus, Rogers, Bell or Fido is a plus.