Requisition Id : 0002870822
Strong understanding and some of level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN/WAN (PIM)
The Software Test and Automation Engineer is expected to have deep technical knowledge and to work independently within the team to solve complex tasks, ranging from design and implementation to troubleshooting Cisco's next generation service offerings including but not limited to the Cisco Tail-F Network Services Orchestration and NMS products.
Use your strong Routing and programmability (Netconf, REST, OpenConfig/Yang model) experience with some scripting experience to participate on a team of engineers involved in software testing of Network Engineering Products and Software.
Product portfolio includes the ASR9K, ASR903, ASR920, ASR901, NCS540 that run on IOS, IOS-XE, and IOS-XR OS.
The ideal candidate will participate in a team of engineers involved in development of new and exciting product offerings in SDN and Virtualization orchestration.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Participate in a Senior/lead role on a project team of engineers to architect, design, and develop new features in working with NSO using Object Oriented analysis and design methodologies.
- Learn, understand and automate key networking technologies encompassing Virtualization, Data Center, NFV, and SDN.
- Focused on backend development using Java, Python, Erlang and open source components.
- Ability and desire to constantly learn cutting edge software and networking technologies and be able to apply them in the Agile development process.
- Develop APIs to Northbound and Southbound Interfaces.
- Strong understanding and some of level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, Multicast, IGMP etc) / WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, QoS, NAT, Multicast, etc))
- Strong experience with data model interfaces, ReST API's, Netconf, Yang
- Experience with Open Config models and transports like grpc, gnmi
- Scripting experience in Python and Tcl
- Good hands on experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
- Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia).
- Past experience in Cisco products is highly desirable
- Strong communication and leadership skills are essential.
- MSEE/CS or BSEE/CS with 3-5 years of experience
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate and work closely with developers at various stages fspec, design reviews to develop test plans, tools, utilities.
- Drive authoring of detail feature test plans, Design Test bed design, test topologies.
- Develop scripts for automated testing.
- Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
- Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Exposure to technologies such as NETCONF, YANG, JSON, XML, REST, and Erlang are a must.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environments
CDG ISO 14001:2004
Callas/Fort with Minority Supplier Development Council
NCTRCA Minority Buiseness Enterprise Certification
CDG OHSAS 18001:2007
Graham Bell Innovation
Huawei Gold Partner
Fastest Growing Fastest