7+ years experience deploying, configuring, supporting and optimizing Red Hat Enterprise Server operating systems, Red Hat Sa
The candidate will be responsible to evaluate existing processes, procedures, and operational challenges. Identify and drive cross-functional process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc.) to improve overall system administrator operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Works with various internal teams to ensure proper software deployment alignment with teams requirements.
Evaluate existing processes, procedures, and operational challenges. Identify and drive cross-functional process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc.) to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Documents recurring technologies and processes as required
• Provide day-to-day operational and emergency support of Linux Server Operating Systems and platforms
• Work closely with Infrastructure team members, Project Managers, to ensure successful delivery for all projects.
• Responsible for general systems administration, including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, and urgent system patching.
• Deployment and management of systems in a virtualized environment. • Write and implement scripts to automate tasks.
• Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures for both internal and customer-facing systems
• Participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis
• Work with DevOps best practices to implement CI/CD pipelines to design, and build systems that are scalable, stable and efficient
• Implement automation of recurrent tasks through scripting; (Python, Bash, Go etc...)
• Ensure operational stability by maintaining security patching .
• Manage and maintain internal server image libraries and associated toolsets
• 7+ years experience deploying, configuring, supporting and optimizing Red Hat Enterprise Server operating systems, Red Hat Satellite & Tower and core services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, etc.)
• 7+ years experience supporting virtual server environments using RHEV
• 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, SRE, or similar technical role (Kubernetes/Docker experience a plus)
• Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps tool chain like Gitlab, Ansible, Jenkins (Must Have) Jira, Confluence