1) Technical: knowledge of wireless telecommunication connectivity and/or software development, 2) Business: knowledge and un
• You will help to define, plan, and identify key business opportunities and strategies within the IoT solutions space
• You will work closely with a friendly, passionate team with both technical developers and business strategists located in Toronto
• You will have a key role and the opportunity to learn within the organization and contribute to a fast and growing part of the business
• You will experience an awesome team spirit working at the forefront of leading technology
The Bell IoT team is a very collaborative and dynamic work environment. As a Senior BA, you would participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle and we're excited to have you join us!
• Work closely with internal and external customers to iteratively define and clarify their needs.
• Facilitate deep technical discussions with engineers, customers, partners, and executives.
• Translate business requirements into clear functional specifications and works with the development teams to transfer them into technology solutions.
• Contribute to building the product backlog by taking the business and customer requirements and formulating them into executable backlog items, including preparation of acceptance criteria, review of the test plans, and reviewing the final results.
• Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
• Provide guidance on new product releases and enhance existing products.
• Create and deliver presentations to technical, business, and executive stakeholders
• Identify and analyze market and business opportunities within the IoT space that can be captured with both internal and external customers
• Improve and build processes and workflows to improve communications and working methods across various stakeholders, partners/vendors, and internal working teams to support our growing portfolio
• Facilitate workshops with SME's and various stakeholders.
• Ability to produce project documentation: plans, business process documents and process mapping.
• Strong spoken and written English.
• BA/BS degree in IT / Computer Science / Software engineering / Business administration / Business Technology Management.
• Relevant Software, IT and business experience: 3 years or more.
• Strong experience in customer requirements gathering.
• Experience working closely with a software development team.
• Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
• Understanding of Agile, Lean and Scrum frameworks.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences.
• Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong experience in documenting business requirements, both functional and non-functional and developing business cases that can be presented across various levels of management.
• Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design.
• Experience with process improvement and comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and/or improving workflow.
• At least 5 years of experience in business analysis and client facing roles.
• Experience with product development framework like lean product development or UX.
• Strong understanding of product and software development lifecycles (SDLC), including deployment and maintenance processes.
• Experience working with the product team and sales teams (including both business and technical staff), internal and external stakeholders to understand, gather information and synthesize findings into business/functional requirements and design documents.
• Understanding of DevOps concepts.
• Experience with the design thinking approach.
• Experience working with enterprise cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• Project Management certification, would be an asset.