Network Technology education, experience (Familiar with OSI networking model and basic routing principles.) 2. Knowledge of /
The Video Technology team is responsible for all aspects of new technology assessment, testing and deployment of video platforms across Bell Canada. The Video Innovation Center (VIC) is responsible for on-going integration, testing and support of FibeTV, Bell Canada's IP-based television service. We deliver out FibeTV service to customers over our fiber optic network using an advanced IPTV platform.
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of next -generation video technology, and the networking infrastructure that support our customers in our production environment.
A successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who knows how to take the initiative in learning new things, and must be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to systematically troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis when observing anomalous behaviour
• A strong desire to learn new things and expand your skills
• A desire to pursue self-directed learning and education opportunities
• Knowledge of / experience with hardware and software integration, verification testing, quality assurance and/or system testing
• Basic knowledge (and keen interest) in computer hardware and network technologies
• Basic programming/scripting experience in Python, or a similar high-level language
Experience with any on the following technologies and methodologies would be beneficial:
• Experience with Wireshark, Fiddler, Docker, GiT, Android OS, Atlassian Jira and Confluence (or other requirement/ defect management software), JSON, LUA, REST APIs
• Familiar with OSI networking model and basic routing principles.
• Understanding of DNS, DHCP, Home Networking devices, Firewalls, & Proxies
• Experience within an Agile team environment
• Experience within an automation development/scripting role
• French language proficiency beneficial, but not required