Python,Network Technologies, Automation Testing
The lab environment in which you will work consists of an end-to-end video architecture, starting with a head-end that distributes video content through multiple video serving offices and all the way to a customer's home. All FibeTV related features are tested in the VIC lab before being deployed to a production environment. For example: wireless TV receivers, Whole Home PVR, On Demand content, apps on your TV including Netflix, YouTube, TSN etc. and mobile apps that deliver video to a smartphone or tablet.
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to many aspects of next generation video technologies in addition to experience with software development, quality assurance, data analysis, and teamwork.
If selected, you will participate in developing automation scripts and technology solutions for IPTV lab testing, including interoperability testing, performance testing, and customer experience verification.
A successful candidate must ne able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to systematically troubleshoot to find root cause when experiencing anomalous behaviour
• Experience and knowledge of Python or similar high-level software language
• A desire to continue self-education and learning
• Knowledge of / experience with hardware and software integration, verification testing, quality assurance and system testing
• Knowledge of Networking Technologies
Experience with any on the following technologies and methodologies would be beneficial:
• Experience with Wireshark, Docker, GIT, Android OS, Atlassian Jira and Confluence (or other requirement/ defect management software), JSON, LUA, REST APIs
• Understanding of DNS, DHCP, Home Networking devices, Firewalls, & Proxies
• Experience with an Agile team environment
• Experience with Automation development/scripting