some familiarity with other test equipment for performing 10 Gig E testing on circuits.
Wireline Transmission Operations Technician II will receive, analyze, monitor, and resolve network problems in a timely fashion with minimal guidance from higher level technicians or supervisor.
The candidate will maintain fiber optic transmission path which includes:
Maintaining fiber optic electronics and associated power/alarm equipment.
An electronic background is necessary, Experience with routers and configuration is preferred.
1) Job requires specialized advanced vocational skills (generally non-theoretical) acquired on or off the job, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience, totally 3 years post-high school or equivalent.
2) Minimum 3 years related telecommunications experience OR 2 years industry experience.
3) Multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment. Exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
4) Must be self-managed, highly motivated and innovative professional. Computer literate with good people and oral communications skills.
5) Must be willing to work non-standard hours: Sunday through Thursday with Hours 11:00PM to 0700 AM
1) Electronics background - familiarity with basic electronics to include the replacement of circuit boards in live systems
2) OTDR Operation - Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (test equipment that we use to measure the loss on fiber signal and make sure there is continuity in the circuit)
3) needs to have some familiarity with other test equipment for performing 10 Gig E testing on circuits.
1) Valid driver's license with safe driving record.
2) Candidate will be driving on occasion. Using personal vehicle.(Mileage Reimbursable)
3) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.