Sr. RF Design Engineer
- Toronto, Ontario,Canada
- 1 year ago
Requisition Id : ERCA21
RF Design, Atoll, Planet, ACP tools
We are looking for an Macro Design SME that will be responsible for performing solutioning and macro design activities. We are looking for a consultant who is an expert at executing macro design services focusing on 5G and LTE link budget creation, design consulting, design and analysis on planning tools, RFDS creation, PCI planning, neighbor planning, model tuning, etc. You will also be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts. The role focusses on supporting and collaborating with the RAN Design standards team in developing best design practices and deployment guidelines, in addition to support in RF Propagation modeling for 5G and mmWave.
• Extensive experience in planning tools such as Planet EV and Atoll
• 5G and mmWave design
• Detailed understanding of the link budget
• Good understanding of Ericsson products and ability to solution them to solve customer problems
• Detailed understanding of inputs required, and how to create a new project in a planning tool, tilt/azimuth optimization, proposing new site locations etc
• Extensive use of ACP (Automatic Cell Planning) tool
• MIMO design, propose settings for 5G & LTE in design tool
• Able to make recommendations to improve a network design (cell plan)
• Buildout support- antenna separation, emf evaluation etc
• Detailed understanding of Monte Carlos Analysis.
• Able to perform model tuning Identify add-on sales opportunities
• You will assist in the development of a service proposal
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities
• Collect and document customer requirements
• Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (Telecom) or
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in RF engineering
• Minimum five years of recent experience in radio network design (LTE or 5G)
• Past leadership experience in at least three LTE projects.
• One project must be the leader for all technical activities in a large scale (major metropolitan area or statewide geographic area) and responsibilities must include technical organization and oversight of work and demonstrated excellence in communications with team, project manager, and customer.
• Ability to work on complex technical issues and provide creative solutions valuable to Ericsson’s business.
• Ability to develop and prepare technical document and develop new processes.
• Extensive experience with Atoll, Planet, ACP tools
• English Skills