Minimum 3 years of experience in media or telecommunications in the areas of Software Development, IT, Technology Development
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Video Services Development, you will be playing a key role in crafting the platform that powers the digital presence for Bell Media's brands. Your duties will primarily revolve around building and maintaining software used in the ingestion and delivery operations of Bell Media Digital. You will also be involved in supporting system testing and validation procedures. As well as supporting the Product Owner in assessing the effort required to implement requests from our business units.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to collaborate with their team to suggest the best path forward to support feature requests from Bell Media, complete work on-time, and be a self-motivated individual who can work without supervision.
The Video Content Management and Distribution team is responsible for the backend systems that support the awesome digital experiences of Canada's most recognized brands, such as TSN, RDS, CTV and Crave. Our team's mission is to delivery and maintain an innovative and sustainable ecosystem of tools to support Bell Media's digital experiences that entertain, inform, engage and inspire audiences coast-to-coast-to-coast. We work collaboratively in an agile fashion with product owners, stakeholders, and development teams.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in media or telecommunications in the areas of Software Development, IT, Technology Development, or Engineering functions
• Be a team player willing to collaborate with team members and stakeholders in an agile environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Previous experience developing solutions written in C#
• Previous experience working with PostgreSQL or any other RDBMS
• Previous experience working within a Linux environment
• Knowledge of Apache Foundation projects (e.g. Airflow, Kafka, etc.)
• Knowledge of cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack, etc.)
• Knowledge of frontend frameworks (e.g. Vue.js, Angular, etc.)
Previous experience with developing video software is an asset
Previous experience developing broadcast software is an asset