SDLC, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, AGILE/DEVOPS tools, C#, Java, Spring, Node.js
Participate as intermediate member of a agile development team in the development and maintenance of applications within the Field Management Services domain.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Participate in the analysis and design of new features.
• Develop new features and maintain existing ones.
• Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
• Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
• Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
• Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
• Participate in the established processes and help to improve them.
• Establish and supplement technical documentation, practice good knowledge-management hygiene
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong technical writing skills
• Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
• Good leadership skills
• Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
• Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced / fast changing environment
• Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
• Quick learning
• Creativity and ingenuity
• French-English bilingualism a strong asset
Training and Education
• College degree, Bachelor or Master of Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or similar
Knowledge & Experience:
• Understanding of software development lifecycle - mandatory
• Software development experience (C#, Java, Spring, Node.js) - preferred
• Familiarity with CI concepts and Agile-hybrid delivery models
• Understanding of DEVOPS.
• Good familiarity with network concepts as they relate to application design (Load balancing etc.)
• General understanding of IT standards relating to Telecom (TMForum ETOM, SID etc.) is an asset
Software & Languages:
• AGILE/DEVOPS tools (Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.)
• OS Scripting languages(shell, batch)
• Oracle PL/SQL, SQL - mandatory
• Microsoft SQL Server, Redis an asset
• Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams. Conference calls and video calls are routine, as is handling multiple parallel projects.
• Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
• Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto corridors with advance notification; travel depending on project needs (occasional only)