The major responsibility ofManufacturing Systems Enginee is to assure Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements at the manufacturing facility. Quality’s project responsibilities may change and evolve as new products and processes are initiated at the plant level
Continuous Improvement :
- Plan and lead large-scale trials; working with processing and packaging operators to execute trial demands.
- Prepare post-trial recaps and studies while collaborating with QC and R&D departments
- Support and prepare internal, state, third party and Safe Quality Food (SQF) processes and inspections.
Products and Formulation :
- Document and publish formulation changes surrounding cottage cheese and sour cream products and in-process streams.
- Publish supporting compositional and textural target range and specification data.
- Collaborate with R&D, QC, and Technical Services departments in formulation studies and reviews. Technical Support :
- Write new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and update existing procedures in Safe Quality Food (SQF) documents.
- Hands-on food manufacturing.
- One year of experience in conducting investigations is preferred.
- DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Formal education (including short courses) on GLP, GMP, & HACCP.
- Preference for a certification in process capability (Six Sigma, etc.).
- 5+ years of industry experience in the Food and Beverage industry, preferably with background in dairy and microbiology.
- B.S./M.S. degree in a field of Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Food Science or related engineering/science discipline.
- Design, prepare and execute benchtop trials with the objective to solve for and provide solutions to manufacturing, quality, and dairy science unknowns
- Serve as key technical resource to plant operations, providing guidance and support to Processing, QC, Packaging, Sanitation and Maintenance departments.