Customer delivery project management, PMP or MPM certified, Experience leading large scale projects
The Radio team plans, designs, builds, and operates networks providing managed services for Public Safety and Commercial users. Our customers expects the Radio team to deliver a superior quality of services and products. Delivery Management is a much broader scale of project management. It is the organization, administration, and supervision of the people, processes, and technologies, which when combined into a comprehensive plan, provides the business and technical functions needed to successfully achieve what a client expects to receive. The person responsible for this type of work is referred to as the Delivery Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, National Provisioning, the successful candidate will be accountable for the Delivery of the Client’s Public Safety and Commercial Radio Networks in Ontario. The candidate will have the following accountabilities/responsibilities:
• Overseeing the successful delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from aspiration, design, development, implementation to transitioning to Operations. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets customers & technical requirements, with exceptional quality and is within the agreed budget.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all client stakeholders. Build positive and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and all internal teams.
• Understanding the high-level technical architecture and being able to facilitate debate and guide decisions on appropriate solutions.
• Monitoring project process and track progress against milestones, scope and budget. Work with the project members to proactively address issues, risks, etc. which may be impacting to schedule/milestones, budget, quality and scope. The Delivery Manager will be responsible to escalate and report on these items in a standard format to key stakeholders.
• Using best practice risk management, assess risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks.
• Following the corporate requirements, standards and best practices to deliver each project to clients' satisfactions.
• Interfacing with clients and their project & technical teams, adhering to client's tools, templates and techniques, as appropriate, for each project.
• Authentic, professional and confident communicator able to service customers and influence internal projects teams and client stakeholders through effective communication and presentation skills
• Be highly self-motivated with proactive & creative approach to problem solving
• Extensive project management skills in identifying/managing risks/issues
• Minimum of 10+ years experience in Project Management
• 5 plus years experience in Customer delivery project management
• Strong leadership, negotiation and dedication to customer focus
• PMP or MPM certified
• Experienced and proficient in MS Project
• A proven track record in successfully leading large scale projects
• Self-sufficient and strong ability to drive and adapt to changes
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and with changing technology
• Ability to motivate others and promote team spirit and employee value
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience managing budgets and provide guidance to others for cost containment