- Champaign, Illinois,United States
- 1 year ago
Requisition Id : 9898492
DBA and SQL knowledge, solid knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle),UNIX, Couchbase & Cassandra
Database Administrator is responsible for physical and applicative database administration activities in Oracle and supporting the end-to-end life cycle of a product from the database perspective.
• Provide DB related problem-solving services to all stakeholders during project lifecycle.
• Provide professional guidance to project management and development teams, implementation groups, and customer architects.
• Provide database services on Oracle.
• Design, develop, configure and administer large and critical database systems ensuring high performance and improve highly complex code.
• You be a key player in tuning database parameters (physical layout and memory buffers) and promote the standardization for customers worldwide.
• Design strategy for DB working processes (e.g. backup & recovery) during project life cycle and translate and guide until implementation.
• Serve as a level of technical escalations for critical showstopper incidents in Productions customers systems with direct business impact.
• A Bachelor / B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent.
• At least 7-8 years' experience as a DBA and SQL knowledge in a SW company.
• Significant experience and solid knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle).
• Experience with UNIX or UNIX variants and scripting.
• Experience with Couchbase & Cassandra will be considered a distinct advantage.
• Experience with collaborating with a remote team is preferred.
• Relevant Database Certifications are required.
• Experience in operating within a complex, multi-interface environment.