Knowledge of any of the IT Systems ie WOM, Click, ONE Side, Hybrid UI, OSM, UIM, Lantern, UTM, TAP, ASA, IPAIRS, SODB, MSK, T
Job descriptions and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will function in an Agile environment under the direction of the Senior Manager, Software Development and Product Owner, collaborating with various information technology, network, operations and product subject-matter experts to perform data science and reporting as well as contribute to the velocity of the Hermes-Central manifest data scrum team. They will be responsible for investigations related to business flow anomalies with the systems governing our provisioning, dispatch and network domains and to similarly identify opportunities for service improvement.
They will build strong partnerships with sponsors, clients and vendors to validate business flows and size opportunities and help drive the correct overall business solution. They will provide a key interface to the IT team to communicate data patterns possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills including business writing and, developing presentations that clearly and concisely explain both the data science process and the results to technical and non-technical audiences of project managers, clients, sponsors and vendors. They will be responsible to apprise the product owners on delivery status, identify associated delivery risks, dependencies along with detailing and quantifying impacts.
The successful candidate should have:
• 3-5 years of data science experience and/or applicable educational background.
• A strongly autonomous work ethic with the ability to quickly learn and apply business knowledge to the data being analyzed.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with an exceptional ability for time management and task prioritization and facilitation/negotiation skills.
• Experience with SQL and an understanding of current data science methodologies (eg. machine learning) and a strong preference for candidates with ELK and Java skills.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, JIRA)
• Familiarity with Telecommunications Sales & Ordering, Provisioning & Assurance and NP&P systems and processes.
• Familiarity with Bell Canada's product's and service.
• Knowledge of any of the Bell IT Systems ie WOM, Click, ONE Side, Hybrid UI, OSM, UIM, Lantern, UTM, TAP, ASA, IPAIRS, SODB, MSK, Tapestry, NRMS, BCRIS, NDW, EOM,
• Verbal and written communication skills in both official languages is an asset, but must speak fluent English.
• Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams during conventional (EST) business hours using conference calls and online conferencing utilities (e.g. WebEx, BETC),
• Ability to occasional travel within/between Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto depending on project needs
• Permanent tele-working is not available