BI Developer(MicroStrategy, OBIEE, COGNOS , Qlikview)
- Plano, Texas,United States
- 1 year ago
Requisition Id : 9876963
Reports Expert and Administrator (MicroStrategy, OBIEE, COGNOS , Qlikview)
Seeking BI Reports developer and administrator with 4+ years of experience (architect, developer and support) in two or more BI technologies of Microstrategy, OBIEE, Cognos, Qlikview and who can work effectively with clients to collect requirements , define project scope then provide design and implement processes supporting large scale of enterprise business intelligence solutions.
Responsibilities and Abilities:
• Work in all phases of SDLC using various software development methodologies
• Specialize in BI dashboard/metrics implementation
• As a BI expert to setup the environment, design/implement metadata layer, security roles and privileges, and deploy the code to production.
• Interact with clients to gather requirements and translate those requirements into technical specifications, design and implement solutions to meet client's expectation
• Extensively write SQL queries to perform data analysis and testing activities.
• Connect to various new data sources to convert data into meaningful insights.
• Pick up new technologies when and where required by the client and master it quickly.
• Create various schema objects like Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, logical tables.
• Create various application objects like Filters, Metrics, Prompts, grids, documents.
• Setup the MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Cognos or Qlikview environment by creating DSN's, User Groups, Projects, security roles and security filters.
• Ability to support production issues for two or more BI tools : Microstrategy, COGNOS, OBIEE, QlikView.
• Should have an experience in long-term storage and business continuity strategy including backup and recovery.
• Should demonstrate ability to define and document operational and business processes and reporting mechanism. Ability to review as-is and to-be processes, and identify opportunities to streamline and/or automate processes utilizing tools and process improvements.
• Excellent data analysis & data modeling skills and demonstrate experience in testing, validation, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Should have a knowledge on the optimization and tuning of report query for improved performance.
Software/Hardware: MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Cognos, QlikView, SSIS, Oracle 12C/11G/10G, SQL Server, Vertica, Teradata, Windows OS, Linux, Shell Scripting,
• PowerBI knowledge is a plus.
• Experience with data modeling tool (ERWIN, Oracle designer) is a plus
• Vertica, Hive knowledge is a plus
Expected Rating # Area
Rating 1 (Low) to 10 (Excellent)
1 MicroStrategy 9
2 Oracle/SQL 7
3 COGNOS/OBIEE 8
4 Qlikview 8
5 PowerBI Will be a plus
6 Teradata/Vertica Will be a plus
7 Hadoop/Hive Will be a plus