Our HR team is looking to add an Accessibility Program Manager to our larger team of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB), Mental Health and Accessibility groups. This position will play a key role in enabling capabilities for building capacity and scaling accessibility knowledge across Bell.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, HR Accessibility, the Accessibility Program Manager will provide subject matter expertise and tactical strategy to Bell business units in adopting an accessibility-by-design approach. This includes instituting protocols to ensure that accessibility practices and procedures remain in place consistent with and in direct and active support of applicable legislations. You will support organization wide inclusive recruitment, coaching, and guiding Bell team members on accessible and inclusive employment principles, providing support on ad-hoc matters and emerging issues.
- Engage thoughtfully, collaboratively, and professionally with HR, DEIB, corporate communication, legal, procurement and business units to implement best employment practices to drive DEIB and accessibility efforts.
- As an organization-wide subject matter expert, provide overall expertise, vision, and tactical implementation strategy to business units, ensuring enterprise-wide compliance and collaboration across teams.
- Provide leadership, direction, advice, and guidance across Bell, maintaining high levels of integrity, collaboration, customer-centricity, and accountability. Facilitate and negotiate consultative decision-making processes with clients, strategic partners/stakeholders.
- Guide recruitment strategies to supports inclusive practices and ensure Bell identifies opportunities of improvement and addresses them.
- Conduct feedback consultations with team members with disabilities to evaluate and identify areas of opportunity to streamline and advance Bell’s accessibility practices and enhance the experience of employees and candidates with disabilities.
- Support program communications activities including progress updates.
- Regularly assess employment practices and provide evidence of successful change management.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Improve testing processes, methodology, tools, and best practices to ensure inclusive design and better accessibility.
Critical Competencies :
- Strong commitment to accessibility and disability inclusion.
- Experience implementing diversity and inclusion programs and innovating on behalf of/and with people with disabilities.
- Experience in inclusive recruitment and contribution to accessibility programs within a large corporation.
- University Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Equity Diversity and Inclusion is preferred for this role or an equivalent combination of relevant education, skills and experience.
- Leadership skills with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner to drive inclusive business goals.
- Effective communication and relationship building abilities.
- Proven problem solving skills, including the ability to understand business priorities and issues, exercise sound judgement and leverage data for making key decisions and building business cases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and provincial accessibility legislation, human rights, equity, and the role of accommodation.
- High degree of proficiency in all MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience in policy analysis, project management and presenting complex topics to management and employees.
- Strong written skills to prepare summaries, recommendations and reports.
- Strong communication skills to build and influence strategic partnerships, inspire and be an agent of DEIB change.
- IAAP (International Association of Accessibility Professionals) certification.
- Experience with a unionized environment.
- Knowledge and experience with WCAG principles, remediation techniques and practices. Knowledge of assistive technology including screen readers, and other assistive devices is a plus.
- An adequate knowledge of French is required for candidates in Quebec.