The Problem Management Engineer/Analyst will support the program's problem management process and performs analysis on specific incidents to identify root cause.
The ideal candidate will project high energy, possess a passion for state-of-the-art technology, and speak comfortably from a technical perspective to a diverse audience
- Manage problems - Analyzing incidents as they happen and able to identify problems,
- Categorize and prioritize the Problem with appropriate diligence, in order to facilitate a swift and effective resolution both technical and non-technical, maintains information about Known Errors and Workaround, works with domain teams, partners, vendors etc
- Ability to research the root causes of incidents, make temporary solutions (workarounds) available, and develop final solutions for known errors.
- Engage in proactive problem management by analyzing trends or historical data of incidents and service in order to prevent Incidents from happening in the future.
- Capable of documenting full historical description and related known errors for problem closure and evaluation
- Able to supply with necessary reports and documentation when needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams & vendor and follow up for timely resolution
- Record, manage, and advance problems by escalating (when appropriate) to an elevated levels
- Optimize Problem Management to deliver quality outcomes that lead to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Maintain appropriate Problem Management training material and process documentation
- Track and document all problem incidents and ensure crystal clear communication
- Serve as a strong proponent of excellence in customer service - Create positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through problem understanding, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude
- Bachelors' Degree in computer engineering, systems engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study5+ years of directly related experience3+ years IT problem management experience
- Technical/infra experience (3-5 years) - Troubleshooting connectivity and network issues between applications, databases - Deep knowledge of Frontend / Middleware and backend systems - Good knowledge of SDLC, able to read HSLD to understand system architecture and provide suggestions for problems
- Production outage-management experience (3-5 years)
- Excellent communication skills so that they are comfortable speaking to a variety of teams and individuals, including customers at all levels and technicians.
- Demonstrated record of sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Multitasking abilities
- Ability to Work under pressure
- Creating tasks to work on the problem resolution
- Understanding of Jira
- Process driven person
- Able to create and manage a knowledge base to maintain the information about known errors and workarounds for problems
- Proactive person with excellent communication skills
- Emphatic and positive person with great attitude and can-do mindset
- Ability to work independently to setup calls with cross-functional team of engineers, developers, QA to perform root cause investigation and solution development and increase the stability of applications/environments.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills so that they can keep track of multiple problems at any one time. They need to know what the problems are, which teams they have been referred to, and who to chase for resolution – and keep the first line up to date with it all so they can maintain a dialogue with various teams