Requisition Id : TMOBJP00014703
10Gig cable moves and integration, microwave integration, and new AAV circuit integration support in the Central, South, and Northeast regions
As a Test Engineer, you will be part of the Regional National Development Team. You will work with directly with our Regional Implementation teams, SWOPS (Switch Operations) Transport, and FOPS (Field Operations) to complete the integration, commissioning and test turn-up of IP infrastructure to the highest standards. The Engineer will provide cost effective support and implement solutions as part of the Magenta Build Initiative. You will be responsible for providing remote integration support on multiple backhaul solutions in a live production network deploying the following transport solutions: Dark Fiber, Lit Fiber Dedicated Ethernet (1 Gig-100 Gigabit Circuits). The position will require the Engineer be directly involved in implementing backhaul solutions across multi-vendor platforms such as Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Ericsson, Cisco, Ceragon, Dragon wave, and SIAE. In addition, the Engineer will remotely assist field installation teams in the commissioning / test and turn-up of new site builds as well as augments to optimize network performance. The engineer will be tasked with configuring network devices and triaging technical problems. Develop and enforce policies and procedures, properly organize projects, tasks, and provide best possible end user support experience. Use best practices in system installation, configuration, and monitoring to ensure minimum downtime and disruption to the network.
• Partner with regional commissioning & integration deployment teams on turning up new fiber backhaul, cell site migrations and new site build activities.
• Develop backhaul network device configuration scripts
• Perform Commissioning & Integration activities on a live production network with approved maintenance window on multiple backhaul topologies: train, chain, and star designs.
• Implement Cell Site Router configurations on the following network devices (7705 SAR, 7210 SAS, and 7750 IXR).
• Implement IP Edge Router (i.e. MAD Router) configurations on the following network devices (7750 SR-12, 7950 NG, and 7950 XRS-20e).
• Perform RAN Re-IP activities to support successful cell site router migrations.
• Work directly with AAV vendors, carriers, and internal departments to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
• Assemble site specific CIQ (Customer Information Questionnaire) source data to auto-generate backhaul network device configuration scripts
• Provision network elements in database tool and applicable Element Management Systems as needed
• Complete Spirent Q-Scope RFC 2544 and TWAMP connectivity test to actualize backhaul acceptance tasks
• Perform prerequisite task(s) needed to ensure that backhaul is ready and accepted.
• Support field implementation and performance troubleshooting efforts
• Escalate client problems according to established procedures but exercising judgment in the process
• Ensure configuration MOPs are implemented correctly
• Address process gaps to improve workflow activities
• Prepare, report, review test results/Methods of Procedure (MOP) documentation.
• Ability to plan and lead network maintenance windows
• Share knowledge with other team members on network devices or operating systems
• Operational Vendor Management: Handling backhaul network issues with third party providers (DWDM, Fiber, SONET, TDM, and SDH) – utilizing all escalation points within our partner’s organization when necessary.
• University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience working in telecom network infrastructures, preferably with 3 or more years in the providing implementation and technical support Dark Fiber and Lit-Fiber backhaul/transport solutions.
• Intimate familiarity and design experience with DWDM/CWDM technologies
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
• Strong knowledge with the following network routing protocols: MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, OSPF, LDP, MPLS L3VPNs
• Knowledge of SFP’s and their functionality.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Nokia flexi equipment platform
• Experience on Nokia CSR routers – 7705 SAR, 7210 SAS, and 7750 IXR.
• Experience on Nokia MAD routers – 7750 SR-12, 7950 NG, 7950 XRS-20e
• Ability to troubleshoot fiber connections and clean fiber and SFP
• Support Cell Site Router (CSR) Rehomes
• Moving Cell Site Router (CSR) from MSO Router (MAD) to another. Going from one AAV vendor to another to increase bandwidth, and improve performance.
• Support Nokia IXR-E CSR swaps to optimize backhaul capacity upgrades from 1G to 10G LTE/gNB support.
• 4G / 5G RAN Re-IP. Reconfigure on-air BTS, eNB, and gNB to support the IXR-e design.
o RAN equipment includes, but not limited to, ESMB, ESMC (GSM) FSMF, FSME (GSM & UMTS), Airscale 4G and 5G.
• Familiarity with the following OSS systems, applications, and tools:
o Pronghorn CSR 2.0
? Generates and executes configuration scripts on RAN, CSR and MAD routers.
? Database for CSR IP address.
? Closing Work order tasks
? RFC testing. Check throughput performance after rehome completed.
? Perform RFC Tests and attach the results to the work order.
? Database for vendor circuit ids, upload RFC tests and updater records in ATOMS.
? Work Order management.
o Ericsson ENM/OSS
? Pre and Post Checks for RAN Nodes.
? Application used to mute site alarms.
? Use React and terminal emulator to reconfigure DACS Titan 5500 digital cross-connections.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to delegate tasks & give clear instructions
• Must be available for out-of-hours (night planned works) from time to time.
• Other ad hoc duties or projects may require weekend support.
CDG ISO 14001:2004
Callas/Fort with Minority Supplier Development Council
NCTRCA Minority Buiseness Enterprise Certification
CDG OHSAS 18001:2007
Graham Bell Innovation
Huawei Gold Partner
Fastest Growing Fastest