Focus on the Macro Network Deployment, Commissioning, Integration,and cell site acceptance.
RF Engineer II is a position within the Network Deployment team and will focus on the Network Deployment, Commissioning, Integration, and cell site acceptance of Alcatel Lucent, Ericson, Nokia, and Samsung LTE cell Sites.
The responsibilities include:
- Ability to perform pre-commission, Commissioning, Integration, Maintenance and Upgrades to LTE cell site equipment and auxiliary equipment.
- Work is primarily with Ericsson, Samsung, Alcatel Lucent and Nokia Equipment.
- In-depth Understanding of LTE BTS Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, and Trouble Shooting.
- Create and manage Customer Information questionnaires (CIQ).
- Responsible for equipment powered up and testing in a standalone environment including cable connections.
- Ensure the lasted software and the correct configurations are loaded into the equipment.
- Ensure the cell site is connected to the network and integrated to become a functional part of Sprints network.
- Ensure any new hardware is connected to the network and integrated into the cell site.
- Seamless end-to-end LTE cell site test support and ownership of cell site planning phases to remote LTE Cell site acceptance.
- Technical writing skills required to create Sprint specific commissioning, integration and LTE cell site acceptance methods of procedures.
- Single point-of-contact for integration, commissioning and acceptance issues.
- Technical writing skills required to create Network Deployment Custom Test Plans for feature Activations and integration testing.
- Support the knowledge transfer of commissioning and Integration to other engineers.
- Define key Performance indicators to ensure there are no customer experience impacts.
- 3-7 years experience and In-depth knowledge of LTE Cell site Commissioning and integration.
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products.
- A demonstrated understanding of multiple backhaul network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows products and databases.
- Working knowledge of vendor Element Management Systems (EMS).
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network.