The Scrum Master ensures that the team embodies the principles, values and agile framework, following the processes and practices they have agreed to use. He is responsible for team effectiveness by establishing an environment where the team can be effective, supporting the team, protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions, and removing obstacles for the team.
- Serve as Scrum Master for one or more teams by providing servant-style support and leadership and integrating Agile Scrum principles into team practices.
- Facilitate agile ceremonies including daily standups, backlog preparation, sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos.
- Ensure the team stays focused on quality and continuous delivery.
- Continually coach the team through conflict resolution to facilitate teamwork and continuous improvement, as they become a high performing team.
- Identify, manage and help mitigate issues and risks, and remove impediments in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders and product owner to better understand product goals and backlog and to foster a collaborative relationship with the development team.
- Communicate and collaborate with other internal teams and third party vendors to manage dependencies, understand changes and remove blockers.
- Track and ensure visibility of team metrics and sprint and release progress to demonstrate momentum and progress
- Manage project resources, risks, quality, scope, budget and deliverables
- Understand product and roadmap planning to help inform development teams.
- Collaborate with other internal Scrum Masters and Agile coaches to share results, best practices and resources to help the organization mature on its agile journey.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile work environment working with the SCRUM methodology, ideally in software delivery.
- Experience with Atlassian suite, including Jira and Confluence.
- Spoken and written bilingualism (French and English)
- Experience with Waterfall project management