Familiarity with scripting (Perl, Bash, Python), and database manipulation (SQL, mySQL) are strong assets.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Core Network Operations & Support – IMS Squad, the successful candidate will be responsible for provide 3rd level support for the Wireless IMS Core Network.
- Actively contribute to improve and automate the deployment or operations of the telecom applications on cloud/virtual/containerized infrastructure (vIMS), without compromising the security and the reliability
- Contribute to the standardization and automation of the infrastructure and its deployments; challenge status quo and drive change initiatives
- Support internal teams on technical issues with IMS Core Network Applications or troubleshooting sessions.
- Participate, as Core Network SME, in ad-hoc Special Projects with Wireless Technology and Engineering teams for network integrations and launch of new services.
- Working hours are generally regular Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm; however evenings and weekends may be required for special events and business requirements (on-call rotation).
We are seeking:
- 3+ years of technical operation experience as an advanced Linux Systems Administrator.
- Strong technical or operation experience in Openstack or Cloud infrastructure administration
- Familiar with devops methodologies and technologies
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- High attention to detail and strong packet-level troubleshooting abilities are strong-asset must for this role.
- Experience with common network protocols (i.e. SIP, TCP/UDP,etc.).
- Strong understanding of fundamental IP Network and routing Protocols: TCP, SCTP, UDP, OSPF, BGP.
- Expertise in software development and application development with Python and Ansible.
- Expertise with Linux based operating systems
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to details
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), time management, and project management skills.
Preferred Competencies :
- Linux (RHCSA, RHCE) and Network (CCNA, JNCIS) certifications are strong assets.
- Familiarity with scripting (Perl, Bash, Python), and database manipulation (SQL, mySQL) are strong assets.
- Knowledge of Openshift
- Agile / Lean / Six Sigma experience