Small Cell Installer Technician
- Norfolk, Virginia,United States
- 2 years ago
Requisition Id : MCP20
Antenna System Installation, Replacement and Maintenance
• Installs, PIM/Sweeps, performs maintenance and repairs, removals, or retrofits to DAS antenna systems (e.g. antennas, microwave dishes, feed lines, RRU mounts, etc.), sometimes under adverse conditions (e.g., inclement weather, remote sites, etc.) using safety equipment and hand, power, and specialty tools.
• Bucket Trucks and ladders at various heights.
• Installation & Test of various DAS and Microsites configurations (Omni, Sector).
• Build sites on Steel poles, wood poles, assemble for antenna hook up.
• Adjust antenna direction and degree angle shooting.
• Connect jumpers and running cables, connecting these and groundwork to units.
• Ground RRU, BBU, weatherproofing, cable grounds, unit assembly.
• Installation of new carriers on new build and existing sites.
• Work independently at given tasks.
• Ensure safety at all times; including Fall Safety procedures.
• Gather all PIM/Sweep data, Photos, Site documentation turned into PM’s
• 2 – 5 years of construction or telecommunications experience for bucket truck, rooftop installations, DC power hook up.
• 1 – 2 years of construction or telecommunications experience for PIM/Sweep/Fiber Testing position.
• Experienced in all aspects of line and antenna system installation, replacement and maintenance.
• Experience with the following is essential: Antenna installation and alignment, TMA’s, Diplexers, Splitters, Coax, Connectors (JMA), Jumpers, Installation of RRU mounts and Antenna mounts, BBU installations and PWR up and system grounding.
• CPR/First Aid Certified (must keep certification current).
• PIM/Sweep Certified helpful
• CO installation standards a plus, (lacing TP7600 and GR1275 )
• Willing to work on tall structures rooftops, Bucket truck at 45 feet and work in all types of weather conditions.
• Able to lift, carry, push, pull 75+ lbs.
• Willing to work 12+ hours a day.
• Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the workday.
• Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands.
• Able to manipulate equipment and instruments with precise hand and finger movements.
• Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass an MVR check.