Telecom LAB Test Engineer
- Chicago, Illinois,United States
- 2 years ago
Requisition Id : AMD2020
Spirent land slide simulator experience ,IMS,CORE,Lab Testing
Senior wireless packet core technologist will provide technical on-site testing services for 4G EPC, 5G core and IMS at wireless operator.
• Create, run and debug Landslide, 4G EPC, 5G Core and IMS testcases for the customer.
• Remain active in network implementation and testing activities through customer network acceptance
• LAB equipment Experience: Landslide Simulator
• Performing functional, KPI and feature testing for VoLTE.
• IP tracing in a complex network & multi-protocol analysis
• Provide a consistent interface to the customer for all aspects of technical and engineering activity
• Serve as the technical liaison on client’s responses to customer technical issues and questions
• Ensuring VOLTE & LTE call flows compliant to 3GPP specifications.
• Documenting clearly & accurately and escalating the discrepancies, anomalies or issues with the test case.
• Testing & analyzing telephony voice services such as call waiting, call barring, 3-way calling ,etc.
• Testing & analyzing the voice quality of the voice services such as CDMA, VOLTE, etc.
• Testing & analyzing proper operation with various 3G and 2.5G networks.
• Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to work with partners across different time zones. • Expert problem solver, always looking for multiple solutions.
• Experience with SIP protocol & IMS based services (Preferred)
• Experience in mobile interoperability LAB certification (Preferred)
• Good understanding of 3GPP specs of LTE & VOLTE technology.
• Good understanding of VOLTE/IMS architecture & call flows.
• Provide weekly status reports to the client and customer management.
• Knowledge of testing tools such as QXDM, Spirent Nomad, XCAL, Wireshark , NetScout NG1 etc.
• Experience with LTE core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S11, S5/S8, Rx, NAS, S1-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U, SGs-AP is desired
Must have skills:
• Sr. level Evolved Packet Core and IMS Engineering experience
• VoLTE Call flow knowledge
• Spirent land slide simulator experience
• Strong experience writing test cases
• Hands on experience with testing IMS & SIP applications
• Basic IP knowledge
• Installation, Upgrade, downgrade, database backup, log gathering Kafka
• Data message flow configuration, modification and debugging
• A good understanding and knowledge of the Linux operating system including the ability to install packages and apply updates from the command line.
Nice to have skills:
• Experience creating automation test scripts in Python (preferred), TCL, Perl, etc.
EPC and IMS Landslide skills are mandatory