Hands-on experience with the following technologies and models (ONAP, Opendaylight, Openstack, YANG, TOSCA, HEAT, Netconf/RES
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates company’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The Network Cloud Infrastructure & Services team is responsible for building, maintaining and operating company's Network Infrastructure. We enable the Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications.
At the forefront of our transformation, our team is responsible for the development and operations the network automation platform supporting company's SDN and NFV network strategy.
As a Software developer, you will design, build and maintain scalable and resilient software environments, lead the evolution of our continuous integration/continuous deployment infrastructure, as well as ensuring daily platform availability and operations that will support our vision towards an automated, self-optimized and self-healed network.
- Design, code, test and deliver the services and functions with production quality.
- Contribute to implement good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), static code analysis, test automation (TDD), etc.
- Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts.
- Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
- At least 3 years of python programming experience in a professional environment.
- At least 5 years of overall object-oriented programming experience in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in solution and software architecture
- Proficiency in building and running apps within Docker.
- Strong experience delivering and operating large, distributed, and resilient (micro-services) software systems.
- Experience in CI/CD implementations (e.g. Git, Jenkins, GoCD, GitLAB, Nexus, Artifactory) to develop the fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour.
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities.
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities.
Additional Competencies and Assets:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies and models (ONAP, Opendaylight, Openstack, YANG, TOSCA, HEAT, Netconf/RESTconf, BGP, IPv6).
- Experience with Linux administration and tuning (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL).
- Proficiency in Shell and Go.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.