The Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of projects or key deliverables.
Core activities include hands-on management of:
- Delivery Lifecycle – manage the delivery lifecycle of projects that drive the integration of new capabilities and features into the business.
- Stakeholder management – communicate effectively with stakeholders and establish a partnership relationship at all levels of the company, in both business and IT functions.
- Financial management – forecasting, budget monitoring, analysis and communications.
- Schedule management - forecasts, follow-up, adjustment and communications.
- Risk management – identification, mitigation and communication of all project risks.
- Management of progress and communications – develop and present the status of a project to the work team, stakeholders and management.
- Change management – ensure effective and timely management of all necessary changes.
- Process Management – ensure delivery best practices are used, and the overall smooth running of the project.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- At least five years of experience in IT project management.
- Proven ability to successfully manage end-to-end human capital management IT projects and key deliverables from three to twelve months.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology and best practices.
- Pragmatic leader who supports the team in project delivery and has the ability to overcome obstacles and drive overall success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the preparation and presentation of project reports for management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience in information technology and in the telecommunications industry.
Desired training and skills:
- Recognized training in project management and PMI certification